As we close in on the end of the year, we look at the 2013 Motorsports highlights.
1. Subaru Rally Team USA (SRT USA) driver David Higgins and co-driver Craig Drew won the Rally America National Championship.
2. This was the third consecutive series championship for David Higgins and Craig Drew. (Higgins won two others previously.)
3. SRT USA claimed 3 victories out of the 7 rallies.
4. Subaru Motorsports Teams stood on the podium 9 times.
5. Subaru Rallycross Team driver Sverre Isachsen won bronze at X Games Los Angeles.
6. Sverre Isachsen placed 7th in overall standings for Global Rallycross.
7. Subaru Rallycross Team driver Bucky Lasek placed 11th in overall standings for Global Rallycross.
8. Subaru Rallycross Team driver Bucky Lasek swept the gold medals for all four 2013 X Games skateboard vert (yes, we know this isn’t motorsports, but he rocks on four wheels, read article).
9. 64,000 viewers watched Episode 1 of Launch Control, with 488,000 total viewers watching more than 2 hours of behind-the-scenes clips.
10. The Subaru BRZ GT300 took 2 podiums in 2013 in the SUPER GT aeries in Asia.
Don’t miss out on the Free downloads of your favorite Subaru driver.
Top Items to Look Forward to in 2014
1. Another Subaru Rally Team USA championship.
2. Rally season begins on January 24 with Sno*Drift (like we haven’t already been drifting in the snow).
3. Subaru Mt. Washington Hillclimb June 26-29. Will it be dominated by a Subaru again?
4. The 2015 WRX will be available (read about its LA Auto Show introduction )!
5. X Games will be moving from Los Angeles to Austin (June 5-8).
6. The BRZ GT300 will be running in the 2014 SUPER GT series.
7. Subaru Tecnica International (STI) will return to the 24-Hour Nürburgring race June 19-22, with a newly developed race car. (Read the News Release).